The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018, 2018-2022, 2023-2026). ICN2 comprises 20 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Scientific Project Manager (Maternity replacement)
Research area or group: Supramolecular Nanochemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP)
Description of Group/Project:
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP) is focused on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules and nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices.
The group is looking for a part-time Scientific Project Manager to work in the field of projects related on the design and development of advanced materials (MOFs/COFs/MOPs and delivery systems) for future application (in Energy, Environment, Catalysis and Biomedicine) in ICN2.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform tasks of management, administration and reporting of scientific projects from different types of calls (national, European, industrial projects) in the field of advanced materials (MOFs/COFs/MOPs and delivery systems) for different applications (Energy, Environment, Catalysis and Biomedicine)
- Prepare and submit proposals.
- Oversee eligibility criteria, budget compliance, ethical issues and other requirements.
- Provide full assistance during the whole application process.
- Search for and provide information on funding opportunities and open calls.
- Coordinate project meetings and reportings.
- Coordinate non-technical project tasks witht he administration team at ICN2.
- Support the group leader in administrative tasks (purchase of goods, travel arrangements, manage budget, human resources, fellowship applications...)
PhD in Science (preferable)
- Knowledge, professional experience
Fluent in Catalan, English and Spanish.
Experience in grants management, gained in a scientific environment.
Experience in working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Capacity to communicate equally well with scientists, administrators, and management bodies.
Good computer skills (MS Office, in particular).
Excellent organizational skills
Summary of conditions:
- Part time work (25h/week)
- Contract Length: Maternity replacement
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: February 2023
Deadline for applications: 03/02/2023
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.