The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 17 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Post doctoral researcher
Research area or group: NanoBiosensors and Bioanalytical Applications Group
Description of Group/Project: NanoB2A group focuses on the development of novel nanobiosensor devices based on plasmonics, nanoplasmonics and silicon-based photonics principles, including surface biofunctionalization, microfluidics for automatic fluid delivery and complete lab-on-a-chip integration for point-of-care devices. The application of the nanobiosensor devices in real clinical diagnostics and environmental control is one of the Group's main objectives. The Job is framed in the research line of silicon nanophotonic biosensors in the application of early diagnosis of Lung Cancer. If you are interested in joining to a young, dinamyc and highly multidisciplinary team, with a highly innovative research project, this could be your opportunity.
Main Tasks and responsibilities: The postdoctoral researcher will be in charge of developing an epigenetic multiplex biosensor for the early detection of lung cancer, including the selection of the epigenetic biomarkers with a suspected or reported role in lung cancer, the complete biosensor asssay development for each of the selected biomarker individually and in a multiplex scheme and the application of the new tools in patients samples.
- Education: Ph Degree in Life Sciences (Biotechnology, Biochemistry or similar)
- Knowledge: Background in optical biosensors, preferably with experience in plasmonic and waveguide-based biosensors.
- Professional Experience: Solid experience in biosensor assays and biofunctionalization routes for genomic applications. Knowledge of microfluidics will be positively considered. Knowledge in experimental optical setups implementation will be considered. Excellent level of English (Fluent in writing and speaking) is required.
- Personal Competences: Highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and responsible. Good communication and organization skills.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 6 months
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: November
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.