The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher on Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (Investigo)
Research area or group: Simulation and Modelling
Description of Group/Project:
Research for the application of Data Science and artificial intelligence to the simulation of nanomaterials and nanodevices.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Application of Data Science and artificial intelligence to the simulation of nanomaterials and nanodevices.
- Development of material simulation software based on artificial intelligence techniques.
- Installation of calculation infrastructure specialized in "machine learning".
- Simulation open data formats for inclusion in public repositories (Materials Cloud; Nomad; etc).
- Interaction with the IP and the other members of the group to proactively develop and execute the project.
The selected candidate will be a PhD. in Physics or a related field.
Proficiency level of English.
- Requirements following the "Programa Investigo" from the "Agencia de Gestió d' Ajuts Universitaris I de Recerca (AGAUR)" See link below.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (2 years)
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
- Flexible working time
- Teleworking option
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible (before 31/12/2022)
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Please, attach a "blind" Curriculum (without any personal information, such as name, date of birth, nationality, gender or photography)
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Requirements following the "Programa Investigo" from the "Agencia de Gestió d' Ajuts Universitaris I de Recerca (AGAUR)"
"Finançat per la Unió Europea-NextGenerationEU"
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.