The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Data steward and architect
Research area or group: Strategy
Description of Group/Project:
The ICN2 is a leading research centre in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. We are moving fast to the next Open Science level by implementing a data management roadmap that should give us the tools and skills to let us create all research data under a FAIR standard. Are you passionate about the new era of science? We are looking for an innovative, enthusiastic and versatile professional that guides us in this journey. Join our Strategy Development team and drive us forward in this exciting venture, paving the road to the European data architecture in materials science.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Implementing the Research Data Management section of the ICN2 Data Management roadmap and contribute to the roadmap evolution.
- Cooperate with the research groups to create their research data architecture and their own research data management protocols.
- Data management advise to research groups, including creation of datasets and related metadata.
- Participate in the establishment of the fundamental steps of a complete new scientific topic, the called data-centric materials science.
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent experience.
Master in data science or data architecture will be an asset.
- Professional Experience:
Experience in data architecture design, scaling and security of modern, cloud-based solutions
Proficiency level of English.
Independence and team working capacities.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (2 years)
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible (before 31/12/2022)
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2022.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Requirements following the "Programa Investigo" from the "Agencia de Gestió d' Ajuts Universitaris I de Recerca (AGAUR)"
"Finançat per la Unió Europea-NextGenerationEU"
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.