The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Scientific Group Administrator
Research area or group: Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures Group
Description of Group/Project:
The Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures Group carries out research in topological matter, phonon confinement, optomechanics, nanoscale heat transport and phononic crystals in semiconductor, organic and oxide nanostructures as well as in nanofabrication and nanometrology.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administration and coordination of the group's activities in EU, national, regional and internal projects and proposals:
- Work closely with the GL and Senior Staff in the group to prepare documentation for project preparation, submission and monitoring.
- Organization, management and documentation of national and international projects and project/group meetings.
- Manage technical reporting with special attention to requirements, deadlines and standards.
- Establish highly professional and regular contacts with the project partners/collaborators, project scientific/industrial advisors, reviewers and project officers as well as with other relevant scientific contacts.
- Management and update of the P2N group webpage in liaison with the ICN2 Communication Department.
- Dissemination of group activities (projects communication & dissemination activities) liaising regularly with the ICN2 Communication Department, as well as management and update of the group webpage, etc.
- Organization of timely submission and follow up of applications for FPI and FU calls.
- Provide administrative support to the Group Leader and the research staff of P2N group,:
- Support the Group Leaders: business travels, agenda, preparation of forms, update of data bases, memberships.
- Purchasing and cost controls of the P2N Group, allocating funds and controlling spending, managing procurements, transactions and finances.
- Organisation and documentation of periodic group and senior staff meetings.
- Undertake administration of PhD students, applications and admission according to ICN2, SO, BIST and or UAB procedures and reporting, ensuring the timely reporting. Arrangements for PhD examinations.
- Control trips, absences and holidays of P2N Group Members.
- Provide support to new group members (temporary accommodation, national documentation) as well as to guest researchers (travel, accommodation, reimbursements).
- Keep the group data base up to date and compile information for periodic reporting (ICN2 Scientific Advisory, SO, Scientific and Industrial Boards, ICREA, etc)
University degree in Sciences preferred.
- Knowledge and professional experience
Minimum 3 years or work experience in project management of research projects funded by international and national organizations (EU FP7 & H2020, MINECO)
Good written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish is required. Catalan valuable.
Excellent facilitating and communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals of international backgrounds.
Knowledge of research environment
Advanced knowledge of the MS office pack.
Experience in project/group management in an international research centre involved in European/International projects.
Experience an International Research environments.
Excellent facilitating, planning, organisational and communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals of international backgrounds. Ability to work with deadlines. Ability to work stablishing priorities. Attention to detail.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Permanent after six months of probationary period, contract linked to scientific and technical activities (Contrato indefinido de actividades científico-técnicas).
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Closing date: 10th July 2022
Interviews 13-20th July 2022
Estimated Incorporation date: early September 2022
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Referee 's contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.