The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher with knowledge on electrocatalysis and advanced TEM
Research area or group: Advanced Electron Nanoscopy (GAeN) Group
Description of Group/Project:
The postdoc/researcher hired with this position will be in charge of taking care of the analysis of energy and environmental science related nanomaterials in the double corrected STEM at the ICN2 platform to be instaled at the ALBA Synchrotron. In addition, the candidate should have strong experience on CO2RR, the synthesis and development of new materials, as well as their electrocatalytic measurement.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- STEM related advanced characterization at the ALBA Synchrotron EM platform.
- Synthesis of new energy and environmental electrocatalytic nanomaterials
- Train new PhDs from the group
- Help with the group experiments
- Develop his/her own research topics related to the group interests (to be discussed with the candidate, depending on his/her skills)
PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or similar
- Knowledge and Professional Experience:
We are searching for someone with proved experience on TEM and related techniques such as EELS and also on the synthesis and electrochemical characterization of nanomaterials (Basically based on MOFs):
- Strong experience on HRTEM and atomic resolution STEM (in different modes: ABF, BF, ADF, HAADF, MAADF, DPC)
- Knowledge on electrochemical characterization
- Experience on the synthesis of electricatalytic materials based on MOFs
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (12 months)
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: September 2022
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Deadline for applications: 17th May 2022
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
ICN2 is following the procedure for contract of people with disabilities according with article 59 of the Royal Decree 1/2015, of 30 of October.