The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Research Support Technician
Research area or group: Inorganic Nanoparticles Group
Description of Group/Project:
The main focus of the Inorganic Nanoparticles Group is the design and development of advanced functional inorganic nanoparticles with applicability in biomedicine, energy harvesting and catalysis.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The specialist technician will assist to the Inorganic Nanoparticles Group as a lab manager in the preparation and characterization of inorganic nanoparticles, supervision and managing of equipment, purchases, and training of new users.
· Synthesis, functionalization, and characterisation of various types of inorganic nanoparticles (noble metals, semiconductors and oxides) and their evolution in physicochemical environments
· General chemical lab management, equipment and characterization techniques (UV-Vis and PL spectrophotometry, Dynamic Light Scattering, ICP-MS, Microwave Digester)
· Training of new students and researchers in synthesis and materials techniques and tools and characterization protocols established
· Assist in the internal material distribution within the Inorganic Nanoparticles Group and throughout the collaborators, including the ability to deliver timely and high quality outputs.
Degree or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and Professional Experience:
Experience in chemical lab management
Experience in the chemical synthesis and characterization of inorganic nanoparticles.
Experience in experimental research using characterisation techniques (DLS, spectrophotometry, ICP-MS)
Experience in ICP-MS will be highly considered.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible.
We offer a one year trainee contract and the requirements are:
- The candidate should have gotten the degree in the last 3 years
- The candidate should not have had a trainee contract in the past
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.