The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Research assistant
Research area or group: "Ultrafast Dynamics in Nanoscale Systems"
Description of Group/Project:
We are looking for a highly motivated research assistant to fabricate samples based on two-dimensional layered materials for heat transport studies.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
You will prepare and characterize samples based on layered materials, mainly using dry transfer techniques and will be involved with state-of-the-art ultrafast optical and optoelectronic setups to study heat transport in a team effort.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- BSc or MSc in physics or related discipline
· Professional Experience
- Experience with optical techniques
- Experience with nanofabrication
- Experience with layered materials and/or thermal transport is a bonus
- Strong commitment, excellent communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals with international backgrounds, taking responsibilities, independence.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: March 15th 2022
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.