The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
Research area or group: "Ultrafast Dynamics in Nanoscale Systems"
Description of Group/Project:
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on graphene-based photodetectors.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
You will prepare samples, use different optoelectronic setups to measure these samples, and interpret the results. This understanding will then be used to improve the performance of graphene-based photodetectors. This project takes place within a European consortium.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- PhD in physics or related discipline
· Professional Experience
- Experience with optical or optoelectronic techniques.
- Experience with nanofabrication
- Experience with layered materials and/or thermal transport is a bonus
- Strong commitment, excellent communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals with international backgrounds, taking responsibilities, independence.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 2 years.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: March 15th 2022
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.