The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Research Assistant - fabrication of samples with layered materials
Research area or group: Ultrafast Dynamics in Nanoscale systems
Description of Group/Project:
Research assistant position for a 6-month project to perform fabrication of suspended and stacked 2D materials using exfoliation and dry transfer.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
Fabrication using exfoliation, dry transfer and some nano-lithographic techniques.
· Education: BSc. in Chemistry or similar.
· Professional Experience: Experience with 2D materials, lithography, (ultrafast) opitcal and optoelectronic techniques
· Competences: Strong commitment, excellent communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals with international backgrounds, taking responsibilities, independence.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: December 2021
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: October 22nd 2021
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.