The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: HR Support Officer
Department: Human Resources
Description of the department:
We put our focus on our scientists and teams by designing comprehensive friendly tools to support their scientific and professional careers, as well as to improve the Institute's internal communications and workflow efficiency to contribute to the overall objective of the ICN2 in becoming a scientific centre of reference worldwide.
We are committed as well to attract the best talent to continue this level of excellence in the ICN2.
Mission of this position: Provide support to the HR area, specifically in research stays and recruitment, training and development area which has a great number of ongoing projects.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing research stays, student internships and fellows:
Supervision of the Agreements signed with Universities and research Institutions
Checking of the documentation related with the research stays/fellows
Coordination between ICN2 Research Groups and visitors
Data base maintenance
Incorporation of research stays/fellows.
- Support to the current Recruitment, Training, and Development programmes: Phd Programme, Postdoctoral Programme, Training Plan...
- Visa Issuing for Business travels outside Europe for ICN2 Researchers
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
Bachelor with a Master in HR related studies.
2-3 years of experience in similar duties. Experience in Research institutions is very valued.
- Spanish and English is a must. This position requires high English level due our international environment (Advanced level)
- Catalan is valued.
- Communication skills
- Willing to manage cultural diversity
- Proactivity and efficiency oriented
Summary of conditions:
- Part time work (30h/week)
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: October 2021.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include a full CV.
Deadline for applications: September 25.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.