The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher in rational design of reticular materials
Research area or group: Supramolecular Nanochemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP)
Description of Group/Project:
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP) is focused on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules and nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices.
The group is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in the development of a European project (ERC Advanced Grant) related to the Design and Synthesis of New Materials via Programmable Disassembly of Reticular Materials (Clip-off Chemistry).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Rational design and study of reticular materials (MOFs, COFs and/or MOPs).
- Synthesis and characterization of reticular materials.
- Clip-off synthesis of new materials/compounds using these reticular materials as precursors.
- Participation in writing scientific reports and papers, attending project meetings and scientific conferences, and in outreach activities within the project.
- Supervision of PhD students.
PhD Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Knowledge, professional experience
Topology analysis of reticular materials.
Reticular Chemistry: design, synthesis and characterization of MOFs or COFs.
Fluent in English
Good communication and writing skills, Intrinsic motivation, strong commitment, responsibility, independence, teamwork skills.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (1 year)
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 1st October 2021
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.