The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 19 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Project Manager
Area or Group of research: Nanobiosensors and Bioanalytical Applications
Description of Group/Project:
This research administration position is tenable at the Nanobiosensors and Bioanalytical Application Group of ICN2. It is a position with part of the time dedicated to Group Administration and part to scientific and technical project management and financial administration.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the technical & financial aspects of industrial, national and European projects and project meetings. The non-technical task will be carried out in liaison with the administration team at ICN2.
- Manage technical & financial reporting with special attention to deadlines and contents.
- Support for the preparation of new projects proposals and technical activities related to submission.
- Group Leader agenda management, travel arrangements, visitor management, group's members holidays and absences follow-up, website update...
- Manage the budgetary functions including: a) purchasing and cost controls of the group b) allocating funds and controlling spending, c) managing procurements, transactions and finance in liaison with the other departments of ICN2, d) reception of goods necessary for the research group.
- Follow up the group fellowships applications and labour contracts in liaison with HR.
- Management and follow-up of all CIBER and CSIC related aspects of the group.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Degree in science.
Project management formation will be valued.
Good level of English is a must.
- Professional Experience
Experience as manager, administrator, assistant, supporting European and National competitive grants, projects or fellowships will be valued.
Managing skills, initiative, and relationship capabilities.
Summary of Conditions:
- Working hours 37.5 and flexible work schedule.
- Temporary contract (maternity leave)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Incorporation date: July 2021
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.