The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Public Tenders and Management Technical Support Coordinator
Description of Group/Project:
The activity performed by this unit is divided into two distinct areas.
On the one hand, this unit provides technical and management support to the ICN2 General Manager. It includes advising on legal issues, preparing the ICN2 compliance procedure or anti-corruption guide, supporting the curation of the ICN2 Ethics Code, coordinating and managing the signing of documentation, collaborating in obtaining data and preparing reports and providing the Generalitat de Catalunya with reports and data related to contracting, among others.
On the other hand, it is in charge of the management of ICN2's public contracting of services, supplies and works, through public tenders and minor contracting files, based on Law 9/2017 of 8 November, on Public Sector Contracts.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Coordination of the Public Tenders and Minor Contracts.
· Reception of purchasing requests.
· Bid specifications preparation.
· Publication on the official applications.
· Reception of bidders' offers.
· Offers evaluation.
· Awarding and contract.
Compliance and Transparency:
· In coordination with the Finance department this position will promote and manage the Compliance policies.
· Managing the Internal Audits for the Transparency compromises and orientation to the Group Leaders and Heads in this matter in order to achieve the objectives in this commitment.
Technical support to the ICN2 Manager and Director:
· Legal institutional support.
· To revise legal content in several documentations managed by the Manager such as: institutional projects, agreements and contracts.
· Support in the relationship, coordination with the external lawyers (for public tenders, administrative, mercantile law, etc.)
- Degree in Law, Administration or similar, with high experience in public tenders.
- High level of English.
- Official software for the public tenders.
- 5 years in Public tenders
- Experience in a research environment is highly valued
- Results oriented
- Commitment with deadlines.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Communication Skills
- Team working
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: Permanent
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: January 2021
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.