The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Head of IT
Description of Group/Project:
The ICN2 IT Department provides technical support to the whole of the ICN2 community.
Among others projects, recently it led projects and actions regarding the ICN2 Intranet (Committees and meetings site; Severo Ochoa Programme; RdM for Strategy), infrastructure (New Wi-Fi in all ICN2 and CM3 buildings; Eduroam network deployment; 30+ new printers in a new IT environment; BSCW software for TOCHA project) and institutional web and graphic design in close cooperation with the Marketing and Communication Department (support to ERC proposals; Design and edition of the ICN2 Annual Report; Support to European projects websites; New developments within the ICN2 institutional website).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Lead and manage the IT team. Establish the annual objectives for each member.
· Lead the definition and updating of IT Action Plan, including: SWOT, Mission, and the portfolio of services in the IT department.
· Lead the revision of current IT systems and the design of new systems to optimise processes of administration and research of the Institute.
· Lead and supervise standard deployments of IT software, tools and systems.
· Propose and manage the budget of the IT department, including defining and managing policies of internalisation and outsourcing of IT services and infrastructure.
· Participate in calls for tenders for the purchase of IT products and services as well as in the drafting of the technological and methodological terms of contracts with suppliers.
· Lead the achievement of the IT objectives and manage the quality of IT services by designing and implementing metrics and indicators necessary for the management of the different elements within the area. Prepare periodic reporting to the ICN2 Manager.
· In conjunction with ICN2 management, define and implement governance processes related to IT issues.
· Be responsible for managing risks in the IT area.
· Actively participate in the Management Committee of ICN2.
· Lead and management of the IT users Committee.
· Support your colleagues in other departments in the design and management of their IT needs and projects: communications, infrastructure, etc
- Degree in Computer Science or "Ciclo Formativo" and 5 years of experience in IT Department and IT Projects
- Training in Technology Direction and Management is highly valued.
- Postgraduate Business Administration, MBA or similar is valued.
- High level of English
- Knowledge in IT Project Management.
- System Administration
· Professional Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a research environment is highly valued
- Leadership and team management
- Empathic and Service oriented
- Good communication skills.
- Influence and Negotiation
- Ability to add value and propose alternative solutions
- Team Player
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: Permanent
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: December 2020
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 25/11/2020
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.