The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: INphINIT "la Caixa" Fellowship Programme
Area or Group of research: Several Groups.
Description of Group/Project:
INPhINIT is a doctoral fellowship programme devoted to attracting international Early-Stage Researchers to the top Spanish research centres. This frame is addressed exclusively to STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics. INPhINIT is promoted by the "la Caixa" Foundation with the aim of supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
ICN2 has published 10 PhD Student open positions under the INPhINIT programme:
- Phonons in the Fermi-Pasta-Ulam-Tsingou recurrence (Prof. Dr. Clivia M. Sotomayor Torres). Watch the video
- Multifunctional neural probes based on bidimensional materials (Prof. Dr. Jose Garrido). Watch the video
- Integrating Harvesting and Storage materials and devices HarveStorage (Prof. Dr. Pedro Gomez). Watch the video
- Machine-Learning for materials design based on atomistic simulations (Prof. Pablo Ordejón). Watch the video
- Mussel-inspired thin-films for tissue regeneration (Prof. Daniel Ruiz). Watch the video
- Hybrid semiconductor-superconductor quantum nanowires at the atomic scale ( Prof. Jordi Arbiol). Watch the video
- Development of multifunctional micro/nanoparticles for an efficient photoelectrochemical degradation of pollutants (Prof. Josep Nogues). Watch the video
- Printable perovskite solar cells based on 2D photoferroic materials for self-power electronics (Prof. Monica Lira). Watch the video
- Topological Quantum Effects in Van der Waals Heterostructures (Prof. Sergio O. Valenzuela). Watch the video
- Theoretical exploration of energy conversion in van der Waals heterostructures (Prof. Stephan Roche).Watch the video
All the information and applications: www.inphinitlacaixa.org
All applications must be necessarily through the https://hosts.lacaixafellowships.org/finder#1 website. Other forms of application are not going to be considered.
Deadline: 4 February 2021
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.