The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Competitive Funding Officer
Department: Competitive Funding
Description of Group/Project:
The Competitive Funding Department is devoted to support the researchers in managing competitive funds for research in compliance with the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies throughout all the life of each funded project and in an individual way. This includes to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance, to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies for active grants and to manage their budgets.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Administrative support to the Principal Investigator during the submission of new grants & fellowships proposals.
· Follow up of grants & fellowships calls and resolutions published at the official webpages and official communications.
· Follow up of new grants acceptance steps.
· Financial control (elegibility and availability) of expenses (personnel, consumables, equipments and other direct costs) charged to each project/grant and all administrative follow-up of the project (changes in the duration, changes in budgets, etc.).
· Control and elaboration of financial reportings and control and revision of scientific reportings. Archive of supporting documents related to the grants.
· Meet the requirements of internal or external audits.
Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish. Advanced level of English.
Advanced level in Microsoft Excel
· Professional Experience
2 years of previous experience with a similar role
This position requires a person with high expertise in European and National competitive funding, specially in their management and reporting processes, with a great ability to work as a part of a team and very meticulous with the archive of documentation. A high multi-task capacity, high control under stress and high capacity to work under deadlines is also required.
Team worker, multi-tasking, work under deadlines
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: Temporary
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.