The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Competitive Funding Officer
Department: Competitive Funding
Description of Group/Project:
The Competitive Funding Department is devoted to support the researchers in managing competitive funds for research in compliance with the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies throughout all the life of each funded project and in an individual way. This includes to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance, to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies for active grants and to manage their budgets.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate shall fill in the position of project manager of the Severo Ochoa grant (SEV-2017-0706) funded by the Agencia Estatal de Investigación and will mainly undertake the following tasks:
· Administrative support to the Principal Investigator of the grant and the director of the center, as well as to the governance committees.
· Financial control (eligibility and availability) of expenses (personnel, consumables, equipment and other direct costs) charged to each subproject of the grant and all other related grants, such as pre-doctoral grants.
· Administrative follow-up of the project (changes in the duration, changes in budgets, resolution of doubts, etc.).
· Control and elaboration of financial reports and control and revision of scientific reports. Archive of supporting documents related to the grants.
· Administrative support and resolution of doubts which those involved in the grant may have: candidates, people responsible for the subprojects, etc.
· Meet the requirements of internal or external audits.
Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish. Advanced level of English.
Advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- Professional Experience
2 years of previous experience with a similar role
Team worker, multi-tasking, work under deadlines
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.