The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behavior of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Strategy Development Assistant
Description of Group/Project:
ICN2 Strategy Development Office mission is to anticipate and provide a response to the challenges faced by the Institute on both the long and short term. Under the umbrella of the STD Office, ICN2 is committed to consolidating and extending the capacity of the Business and Innovation Office with the aim of providing assistance for ICN2 researchers in developing and maintaining relationships with industry and the business community, with the ultimate goal of commercialising ICN2 technologies.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· As part of the Strategy Development Unit the SD Assistant will be engaged in the institutional projects monitoring, the implementation of new data management systems and in the transition of the research institute to an Open Science center.
· Participation in specific training and support activities to increase individual and collective competitiveness of ICN2 researchers.
· Participation in the monitoring of strategic and institutional projects, mostly the Severo Ochoa programme
· Collaboration in the preparation of new strategic and institutional competitive projects
· Participation in the organisation of training actions for researchers
· Being part of the team in charge of the implementation of a new data system for the management of research data of the Institute
· Collaboration in the dissemation of funding opportunities among ICN2 researchers
· Degree in Administration, Finance, Social Science or Science
· Advanced level in English
· Advanced level in IT tools
· Bilingual Catalan and Spanish
· Professional Experience:
· No previous experience is required
· ability to work as a part of a team
· multi-task capacity
· control under stress
· capacity to work under deadlines
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: the candidate must be also registered in the Sistema Nacional de Garantía Juvenil prior to hiring. The conditions to fulfil and the register process can be found at: http://www.sepe.es/contenidos/garantia_juvenil/a_quien_va_dirigido_garantia_juvenil.html
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: 1 year
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.