The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its research lines focus on the newly-discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the behaviour of matter at the nanoscale. ICN2 has been awarded with the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence distinction for two consecutive periods (2014-2018 and 2018-2022). ICN2 comprises 18 Research Groups, 7 Technical Development and Support Units and Facilities, and 2 Research Platforms, covering different areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Competitive Funding
Description of Group/Project:
The Competitive Funding Department is devoted to support the researchers in managing competitive funds for research in compliance with the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies throughout all the life of each funded project and in an individual way. This includes to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance, to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies for active grants and to manage their budgets.
This department is seeking for a technician to manage the Comunitat Emergent de Grafè de Catalunya (GraphCAT), coordinated by ICN2 in the framework of the call "Convocatòria d'agrupacions de tecnologies emergents per a la realització de projectes de valorització i transferencia de resultats de recerca" published by resolution EMC/2214/2018 of September 7.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Administrative support to the Principal Investigator of the Community including 9 different subprojects and different partners.
· Daily communications with the funding agency and the community members.
· Technical and scientific follow-up of the project.
· Arrangement of community meetings and other dissemination related activities.
· Financial and legal follow-up of the project, including financial control (eligibility and availability) of expenses (personnel, consumables, equipment and other direct costs) charged to the project and any required amendment or administrative follow-up of the project (changes in the duration, changes in budgets, etc.).
· Coordination and preparation of the technical and financial reports, audits and reviews.
· Act as the community representative in associations and meetings.
· Maintain the archive of supporting documents related to the project.
· Ensure the accomplishment of any legal requirement of the project, the grant and the funding agency.
Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish. Advanced level of English.
Good knowledge and previous experience in SIFECAT will be an asset.
· Professional Experience
Expected years of experience in project management: 2
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: Temporary
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience (27.000€-30.000€)
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
· This contract will be funded by the European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) allocated to the Programa operatiu FEDER de Catalunya 2014-2020, with the support of the Secretaria d'Universitats i Recerca of the Departament d'Empresa i Coneixement of the Generalitat de Catalunya for emerging technology clusters to carry out valorization and transfer of research results. Reference of the GraphCAT project: 001-P-001702 (until 30/06/2021, extensions depending on the project execution)
Estimated Incorporation date: May 2020.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 17th April 2020
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.