Description of Group/Project:
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP) is focused on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules and nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices.
The group is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in the development of a European project related to MOF-based adsorbents and study their properties.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, synthesize, characterize and study new multifunctional MOF-based adsorbents.
- Design and development of micro- and nanostructures assembled from Metal-Organic-Frameworks (MOF) and other materials, such as inorganic nanoparticles (INPs).
- Participation in writing scientific reports and papers, attending project meetings and scientific conferences, and in outreach activities within the project.
- Supervision of PhD students.
PhD Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
Large experience in adsorption experiments.
Research experience in metal-organic-frameworks (MOF).
Fluent in English
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: 1 year
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: as soon as possible
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter and a certification letter of gas adsorption experience is mandatory
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.