Research area or group: Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures Group
Description of Group/Project:
The Phononic and Photonic Nanostructures Group carries out research in phonon confinement, optomechanics, nanoscale heat transport and phononic crystals in semiconductor, organic and oxide nanostructures, nanofabrication and nanometrology.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
· Management and coordination of the group activities in EU and National projects and proposals:
Work closely with GL and Senior Staff in the Group to prepare documentation for project preparation and submission.
· Organization, management and document of national and international projects and project meetings.
· Manage technical reporting with special attention to deadlines.
· Established highly professional and regular contacts with the project partners, project scientific advisors, reviewers and project officers as well as with other relevant scientific contacts.
· Management and update of the P2N group webpage in liaison with ICN2 Communication Department.
· Dissemination of group activities (projects communication & dissemination activities as well as management and update of the group webpage, etc).
· Organization of timely submission of applications for FPI and FU calls.
· Provide administration support to the Group Leaders and the technical staff of P2N, administration management of the group:
Support Group Leaders: business travels, agenda, preparation of forms, update of data bases, memberships.
Purchasing and cost controls of the P2N Group, allocating funds and controlling spending, managing procurements, transactions and finances.
Organizaton and document periodic group and senior staff meetings.
Undertake administration of PhD student, applications and admission according to ICN2, SO, BIST and or UAB procedures and reporting, ensuring the timely reporting. Arrangements for PhD examinations.
Control trips, absences and holidays of P2N Group Members.
Provide support to new group members (temporary accommodation, national documentation) as well as to guest researchers (travel, accommodation, reimbursements).
Compile information for periodic reporting (ICN2 Scientific Advisory, SO, Scientific and Industrial Boards, ICREA)
University degree in Sciences preferred
· Knowledge and professional experience
Minimum 3 years or work experience in project management of research projects funded by international and national organizations (EU FP7 & H2020, MINECO)
Good written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish is required. Catalan valuable.
Excellent facilitating and communication skills, ability to work with highly qualified professionals of international backgrounds.
Knowledge of research environment
Advanced knowledge of the MS office pack.
Experience in project management in an international research center involved in European projects
Experience an International Research environment
Ability to work with deadlines
Ability to work stablishing priorities
Attention to detail
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: 1 year
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.