Department: Nanostructured Functional Materials Group
Description of Group/Project:
The main focus of the Nanostructured Functional Materials Group (NANOSFUN) is the fabrication of nanostructured polymeric materials to provide new theranostic tools for nanomedicine (diagnosis and treatment of deenerative brain desease) or sustainable chromogenic devices and products (e.g. sensors) that improve the energy saving, harvesting and conversion.
The project aims to develop a new concept of sustainability by capturing the large amount of non-exploited near infrared radiation (NIR) coming from the sun and smartly converting it into higher radiative, chemical or electrical energy. This is going to be achieved through the preparation of nanostructured chromogenic materials able to respond to NIR radiation. The project spans from the fabrication and morphological and photophysical characterization of photoresponsive polymeric nanomaterials to their integration in the final devices.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The researcher will be involved in all different aspects and stages of the project, from the fabrication of the photoactive unit (the nanoparticles) to the final device based on the novel nanoparticles:
· design and synthesis of the polymeric nanomaterials based on core-shell capsules
· characterization of the morphological and optical properties of the obtained nanoparticles
· integration of the nanoparticles in polymeric matrices to achived the photofunctional nanocomposite
· integration of the nanocomposite in a devices or product to validate the energy saving/conversion properties
Master in Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology or equivalent
Physical chemistry, polymeric nanomaterials
· Professional Experience
Previous experience in experimental projects is necessary. It would be preferred experience in at least one of these aspects: synthesis of polymeric nanoparticles, use of UV-Vis absorption and emission techniques, use of electron and optical microscopies.
Written and spoken English, Team worker.
Summary of conditions:
· Full time work (37,5h/week)
· Contract Length: 2 years
· Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
· Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
· Support to the relocation issues.
· Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: January 2020.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.