Department: IT Department
Description of the Department:
IT mission should be to ensure the proper functioning of its services and infrastructure to meet the needs of the ICN2 and become a trusted technological partner for groups of Directors and Divison Research Groups.
The Department of IT and its components must become valued and recognized at ICN2 as key partners in terms of production and excellence center for his leadership, support, commitment and dedication and research the best solutions in all matters related to information technology, working proactively to optimize resources, costs and internal processes. To do this, IT must have an efficient technical team specializing in key areas that require ICN2 this as an infrastructure adapts itself to address the key requirements of sustainability and usability.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of IT, he/she is responsible in managing IT infrastructure, IT Projects, and Helpdesk. This position is the Head of IT's right-hand.
- IT Coordination:
- Support IT Head and backup him/her when not available.
- Negotiate and manage with external suppliers.
- Coordinate the Helpdesk team.
- Establish the Helpdesk team annual objectives together the Head of IT.
- Infrastucture (Operations and Support):
- Infrastructure administration of heterogeneous IT environment:
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environment and monitoring equipment.
- Monitor systems on a daily basis to ensure appropriate service levels are met.
- Manage lT projects (deadlines, people involved, and resources).
- IT Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Project and budget management
- Windows 2012 or greater operating systems. Active Directory & GPOs / DNS / DHCP / TCP/IP.
- File & Printing services. PowerShell scripting. Hyper-V or VMware 5.x.
- Basic Knowledge in Linux and Mac.
- Good level of English. Minimum: B2. Desirable: C1.
- ITIL methodology (is valued).
- 3 years minimum in similar position
- Experience and understanding of security requirements and cloud.
- Experience in defining highly available in Symantec Backup.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Have worked in a production environment.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Empathic and Service oriented.
- Ability to add value and propose alternative solutions.
- Team Player.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Permanent.
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 25/07/2019
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.