Research area or group: Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices
Description of Group/Project:
Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices Group focuses on the material sciences and technology aspects of novel electronic materials, with a strong emphasis on graphene as well as other 2D materials (MoS2). The group also works towards the development of technological applications based on these materials such as electronics, bioelectronics and biosensing, neural interfaces, etc.
The activities cut across different scientific aspects, from the fundamentals (the physics of devices and semiconductors) to materials (growth of graphene and 2D materials by CVD, surface functionalisation, advanced characterisation), through to devices (fabrication technology, nanofabrication) and applications (biosensors, neural implants and biomedical technologies, energy storage and conversion).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be mostly involved in activities related to the growth, characterization and transfer of 2D materials and in the design, fabrication and assessment of several technologies, mainly for sensing and biosensing applications. The candidate will be involved in different tasks covering from material science to device implementation according with the needs of the group.
The research activity of the candidate will be framed in some ongoing projects (WASP and NANOSMART) and others that may come.
- PhD in Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent degrees.
- 2D materials growth; transfer procces; devide fabrication and technology.
- Fluent English both spoken and written
- Experience in microscopic and spectroscopic characterization techniques (Raman, PL, AFM, SEM, TEM and XPS).
- Teamwork skills
- Professional Experience
- Personal Competences
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R3 Established Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 3 years.
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 25/07/2019
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.