Department: Competitive Funding
Description of Group/Project:
The Competitive Funding Department is devoted to support the researchers in managing competitive funds for research in compliance with the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies throughout all the life of each funded project and in an individual way. This includes to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance, to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies for active grants and to manage their budgets.
The candidate will be mainly involved in the GraphCAT project. GraphCAT is a RIS3CAT Research Community project funded by the FEDERCAT Unit of the Generalitat de Catalunya, with expected starting date by May 2019.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the Principal Investigator of the Community including 9 different subprojects and different partners.
- Daily communications with the funding agency and the community members.
- Technical and scientific follow-up of the project.
- Arrangement of community meetings and other dissemination related activities.
- Financial and legal follow-up of the project, including financial control (eligibility and availability) of expenses (personnel, consumables, equipments and other direct costs) charged to the project and any required amendment or administrative follow-up of the project (changes in the duration, changes in budgets, etc.).
- Coordination and preparation of the technical and financial reports, audits and reviews.
- Act as the community representative in associations and meetings.
- Maintain the archive of supporting documents related to the project.
- Ensure the accomplishment of any legal requirement of the project, the grant and the funding agency.
Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
Bilingual Catalan and Spanish. Advanced level of English.
Good knowledge and previous experience in SIFECAT will be an asset.
- Professional Experience
Expected years of experience in project management: 2
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 2 years, extensions depending on the project execution.
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: May 2019.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: 30/04/2019
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.