Area: Business and Innovation Office
Description of Area/Project:
ICN2 Strategy Development Office (STO) mission is to anticipate and provide a response to the challenges faced by the Institute on both the long and short term. Under the umbrella of the STO, ICN2 is committed to consolidating and extending the capacity of the Business and Innovation Office with the aim of providing assistance for ICN2 researchers in developing and maintaining relationships with industry and the business community, with the ultimate goal of commercialising ICN2 technologies.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Business and Innovation, main task will include:
- Contribute to the implementation of the ICN2's business and innovation roadmap.
- Identify potential technology partners, commercial relations and industrial fundraising.
- Develop business cases for ICN2 technologies and analysis of suitable exploitation and commercialization instruments (spin-off, industrial collaboration agreements, technology licensing...)
- Promote a culture of innovation, technology transfer and entrepreneurship within ICN2 research groups.
- Work with ICN2 researchers to monitor ongoing research projects, identify potential intellectual property and foster further exploitation or partnership opportunities.
- Identify innovation or industrial funding calls and programmes (private or public).
- Management of patent portfolio through active marketing promotion.
- Attend to networking events and activities with the aim to strength relations with companies, investors and stakeholders in this technological area.
- Provide knowhow to researchers and other business development people on how to best enhance commercialization through contract research, IPR licensing, joint ventures and spin-off companies.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Scientific or engineering background
- Master in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Knowledge of scientific/research environment.
- Knowledge of business development, IP, finance, marketing.
- Project management.
- Advanced command of English is a must and Spanish is desirable.
- Over 3 years experience in technology transfer and business development, specifically in research centres
- Experience doing negotiations in the technological field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Project management.
- Team working.
- Negotiation skills.
- Due to the strong multidisciplinary nature of the activities the position requires the capability to work across multiple technological fields.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Permanent.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Relocation support.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: March 2019
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.