Department: Marketing & Communication
Description of the Department:
The Marketing and Communication Department is a lively team that has the privilege to be part of the dissemination process of an exciting and growing knowledge area. Nanoscience and nanotechnology are shaping our society, offering plenty of opportunities to communicate, dialogue and interact in innovative ways with multiple stakeholders.
Marketing and Communication offers support for the communication actions of the ICN2 research community and administration departments. It also coordinates dissemination activities aimed at different audiences (citizens, education sector, industry, researchers), and leads internal and external communication projects in collaboration with ICN2 personnel. Concepts such as Open Science and responsible research and innovation (RRI) are central to our everyday activity.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Writing and editing texts for news items, press releases, communication-related project proposals and reports, dissemination activities and institutional content such as the Annual Report and material for the Board of Trustees.
- Producing and updating web and print-based promotional materials.
- Supporting the creation of dissemination activities, events and materials.
- Role strongly tied to the milestones of the institutional Severo Ochoa Programme, with a focus on generating and disseminating contents through different institutional platforms.
- Participate in outreach activities.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences Required:
- Degree in Science or Humanities (Translation and Interpreting or other disciplines involving high writing skills).
- Master in Science Communication or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Proven writing skills.
- Fluent English (native if possible).
- Fluent Spanish and/or Catalan.
- Taste for science.
- Familiarity with science/nanoscience.
- Basic-level graphic design and video editing will be valued.
- Over 5 year experience in writing engaging texts (not necessarily science-related).
- Previous scientific /technical writing and science dissemination experience is valued.
- Familiarity with the research scene and the role of a communication department.
- Oral presentation skills.
- Initiative and autonomy.
- Attention to detail.
Summary of Conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Permanent.
- Location: Bellaterra (Barcelona)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: February 2019.
How to apply:
All applications must be through the ICN2 website and include:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: Review and Interviews of candidates will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.