Department: Competitive Funding
Description of Group/Project:
The Competitive Funding Department is devoted to support the researchers in managing competitive funds for research in compliance with the terms, conditions and requirements of the funding agencies throughout all the life of each funded project and in an individual way. This includes to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance, to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies for active grants and to manage their budgets.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the Principal Investigator during the submission of new grants & fellowships proposals.
- Follow up of grants & fellowships calls and resolutions published at the official webpages and official communications.
- Follow up of new grants acceptance steps.
- Financial control (elegibility and availability) of expenses (personnel, consumables, equipments and other direct costs) charged to each project/grant and all administrative follow-up of the project (changes in the duration, changes in budgets, etc.).
- Control and elaboration of financial reportings and control and revision of scientific reportings. Archive of supporting documents related to the grants.
- Meet the requirements of internal or external audits.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Degree in Science or Science Engineering (Chemistry, Physics or similar) OR Degree in Finance (or similar).
- Expected years of experience: 2
- Bilingual Catalan and Spanish. Advanced level in English.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- This position requires a person with high expertise in European and National competitive funding, especially in their management and reporting processes, with a great ability to work as a part of a team and very meticulous with the archive of documentation.
- A high multi-task capacity, high control under stress and high capacity to work under deadlines is also required.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary contract (max. 3 years)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: December 2018-January2019
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: Review and Interviews of candidates will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.