Area: Business and Innovation Office
Description of Group/Project:
The mission of this position is provide assistance to ICN2 researchers when developing and maintaining relationships with industry and the business community, with the ultimate goal of commercialising ICN2 technologies.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the Business and Innovation Office team to ensure the achievement of ICN2 objectives in this area.
- Design and implement the ICN2's business and innovation roadmap.
- Identify potential technology partners and ensure commercial relations and industrial fundraising.
- Develop and manage ICN2's IP portfolio
- Develop business cases for ICN2 technologies and identify and analyze suitable exploitation and commercialization instruments (spin-off, industrial collaboration agreements, technology licensing...)
- Promote a culture of innovation, technology transfer and entrepreneurship within ICN2 research groups.
- Work with ICN2 researchers to monitor ongoing research projects, identify potential intellectual property and foster further exploitation or partnership opportunities.
- Identify innovation or industrial funding calls and programs (private or public).
- Promote and guide the design of marketing actions of the Business and Innovation Office.
- Establish the annual objectives for each Business and Innovation Office team member.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Scientific background
- Master in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Familiarity with scientific and research environments
- Knowledge of business development, IP, finance, marketing.
- Project Management.
- Advanced command of English is a must and Spanish is desirable.
- Over 7 years experience in technology transfer and business development, specifically in research centers.
- Good social and relationship-building skills
- Ability to identify new business opportunities in science-based technology markets
- Negotiation skills
- Proactivity and initiative
- Organisational and project management skills
- Willing to travel
Summary of conditions:
- Full-time, indefinite (or permanent) contract.
- Competitive salary.
- Relocation expenses.
- Life Insurance.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Applications will be continuously reviewed. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.