Research area or group: Research Support Division - Photoemission Spectroscopy Facility
Description of Group/Project:
The Photoemission Spectroscopy Facility is seeking for a specialized technician. This facility is equipped with a high-resolution angle-resolved photoemission (XPS-UPS) surface analysis system hosting a PHOIBOS 150 hemispherical analyzer from the German company SPECS. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the system.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the day‐to‐day running of the equipment and facility including: operation, routine maintenance and trouble‐shooting of equipment providing technical support to achieve optimum performance. Set up and calibration of instruments for specific experimental requirements and order consumable materials as required.
- Arrange servicing and maintenance of equipment by the supplier where necessary.
- Managing of the control access of the in-house or external users to the equipment.
- Provide training, advising and guiding in the use of the instruments.
- Supervise the proper use of the lab facilities.
- Responsible of all laboratory safety issues, providing support and supervising lab users in the good lab practices.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
University degree preferably in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science
Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar position. Working experience on ultra-high vacuum is mandatory. The candidate is expected to have working knowledge in surface preparation/analysis techniques and experience with other material characterization techniques would be desirable.
Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken). Proactivity, team working, organization and strong communication skills are essential.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A full CV including contact details.
Deadline for applications: 21/10/2018
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.