Research area or group: Research Support Division- Molecular Spectroscopy and Microscopy Facility
Description of Group/Project:
The Molecular Spectroscopy and Microscopy Facility is seeking for a specialized technician. This facility is equipped among other small equipment with a FT-IR VERTEX 80 Spectrophotometer with an incorporated microscope and a surface study PM-IRRAS, an optical microscope Carl Zeiss Axio Observer Z1m for high resolution reflection, transmission and fluorescence measurements and an UV-Vis Cary 4000 spectrophotometer. The technician will be responsible for the daily running and maintenance of the facility.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the day‐to‐day running of the equipment and facility including: operation, routine maintenance and trouble‐shooting of equipment providing technical support to achieve optimum performance. Set up and calibration of instruments for specific experimental requirements and order consumable materials as required.
- Arrange servicing and maintenance of equipment by the supplier where necessary.
- Managing of the control access of the in-house or external users to the equipment.
- Provide training, advising and guiding in the use of the instruments.
- Supervise the proper use of the lab facilities.
- Responsible of all laboratory safety issues, providing support and supervising lab users in the good lab practices.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
University degree preferably in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science
Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar position. The candidate must have extensive experience in advance molecular spectroscopy and microscopy techniques and the use of those in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken). Proactivity, team working, organization and strong communication skills are essential.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A full CV including contact details.
Deadline for applications: 21/10/2018
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.