Description of Group/Project:
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP) is focused on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules and nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices. The group is composed of 24 members, including 3 senior researchers, 6 postdoctoral researchers and 13 PhD students.
Funded by an ERC Consolidator Grant, the group is seeking a candidate to be employed as a Laboratory Technician for 9-10 months (maternity leave replacement).
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate will be in charge of managing the research laboratories of NANOUP group, ensuring their proper functioning and providing technical support to the researchers. The main tasks will include:
- resources purchasing(chemical reagents, solvents, gases and lab material);
- managing the stock database;
- following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks;
- maintaining and supervising the good use of equipment (pumps, rotavapors, etc.);
The candidate will work within excellent scientific infrastructures, highly international atmosphere and will count with the expertise of NANOUP team (please, visit our group at www.nanoup.org)
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Background in Chemistry (all levels).
- Previous experience working in a research laboratory will be highly valued.
- Fluent in English.
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R1 First Stage Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Part time work (20 hours/week).
- Contract Length: 9-10 months
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: May 2018.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: April 22.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.