Description of Group/Project:
We are seeking an individual with background in thin-film growth for the development of Gallium Oxide thin-films for the development of cutting-edge nanoelectronic devices. The development will be carried out mainly at the Pulsed Layer Deposition system at the ICN2 facilities.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- To develop a thin-film technology for the growth of gallium oxide layers onto different substrates with different conductivities and doping control.
- To identify other ultra-wide bandgap oxides suitable for semiconductor device definition.
- To help in the definition of novel functional gallium oxide heterojunctions.
- To test the optoelectronic properties of the different fabricated structures.
- To report project progress.
- Possibility of completing a PhD.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
Physics, Nanoelectronics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or similar.
Thin-film growth by PLD.
High level of English.
· Professional Experience
Ideally thin-film growth by PLD.
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R1 First Stage Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 2 years approximately.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: January 2018
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: December 17th
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.