Research area or group: Advanced Electronic Materials and Devices Group
Description of Group/Project:
This position is tenable at the Advanced Electronics Materials and Devices Group of ICN2. It is a position with about half of the time dedicated to project technical management & financial management and the other half to administration in the research group.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the technical & financial aspects of industrial, national and international projects and project meetings. The non-technical task will be carried out in liaison with the administration team at ICN2.
- Manage technical & financial reporting with special attention to deadlines, contents and checking for contractual and technical completeness and providing a draft to the head of the group.
- Work closely with the Head of the Group to prepare documentation for project preparation and submission in liaison with the ICN2 Competitive Funding Department.
- Group Leader agenda management, travel arrangements, visitor management, group's members holidays and absences follow-up, website update...
- Manage the budgetary functions including: a) purchasing and cost controls of the group b) allocating funds and controlling spending, c) managing procurements, transactions and finance in liaison with the other departments of ICN2, d) reception of goods necessary for the research group.
- Follow the group fellowships applications and labour contracts in liaison with HR.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
o Bachelor's degree or experience very similar in research environment. Scientific studies will be valued.
o Very good level of English is required.
· Professional Experience
o 2-3 years as project manager, administrator, assistant, supporting European and National competitive grants, projects or fellowships. Experience in research environment will be valued.
o Managing skills, initiative, communication and relationship capabilities.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (3 years approx.)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: October-November.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website ... and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Deadline for applications: October 15th
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.