Description of Group/Project:
The Supramolecular NanoChemistry and Materials Group (NANOUP) is focused on controlling the supramolecular assembly of molecules, biomolecules and nanoscale building blocks at the nanometer scale for the design of novel functional architectures and devices.
The group is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in the development of a European project related to the Multifunctional micro- and nanostructures assembled from nanoscale metal-organic frameworks and inorganic nanoparticles.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Synthesis and study of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs).
- Design and development of micro- and nanostructures assembled from MOF and other materials, such as inorganic nanoparticles (INPs).
- Design, synthesize, characterize and study new multifunctional MOF-based adsorbents.
- Participation in writing scientific reports and papers, attending project meetings and scientific conferences, and in outreach activities within the project.
- Supervision of PhD students.
Education, Experience, Knowledge required:
- PhD Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Research experience in organic synthesis and/or MOF chemistry/synthesis.
- Fluent in English
Research Career Profile (According to the European Framework for Research Careers):
R2 Recognised Researcher / R3 Established Researcher
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: 18 months
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Salary according to the cost of living in Barcelona.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 1st of November 2017
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website ... and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
NEW Deadline for applications: 10 of October 2017.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.