Department: Knowledge and Technology Transfer
Description of Group/Project:
The ICN2 KTTD mission is to transform research results into commercial products or services and to facilitate the adoption and integration of nanoscience and nanotechnologies in the society and industry while generating incomes to ICN2. We aim to generate and manage IP portfolio, ensuring a proper protection and transfer. Main activities summarised in three steps are: technology assessment, protection and commercialisation, mainly by IP licensing and by Spin-Off companies creation.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of IP rights portfolio.
- Negotiation and drafting of licensing agreements.
- IP searches and audits.
- Protecting and exploiting intellectual, industrial and innovation rights.
- Contract research drafting and negotiation. 6. Private Public Partnerships (PPP) agreements.
- Consortium, collaboration, MOUs and framework agreements.
- Technology assessment.
- Legal support for the process of Spin-Off companies creation.
- Researchers and ICN2 Management advise.
- Transnational cooperation projects, EU H2020 Framework Program development, EU consortia.
- Funding processes, investment, divestment and shareholder agreements.
- National and international association and cooperation structures and agreements (Joint Ventures).
- Possible founding and establishment of subsidiaries or branches abroad.
- Public tenders and basis legal support. To accomplish all these responsibilities, the candidate will be backed up and helped by external legal advisors.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Competences required:
- Lawyer Degree. Corporate & Commercial (Mercantile), Innovation & Entrepreneurship and IP specialisation.
- Mandatory native Spanish, Catalan and English speaking and writing. Other languages like Chinese, French or German will be highly valued.
- Mandatory knowledge of patents and trademark system at Spanish, European and International level.
- Knowledge of the Catalan, Spanish and European R&D+i funding system.
- Knowledge of Spanish and Catalan Science Law, Sustainable Economy Law, Incompatibility Law and Financial and Fiscals Measurements Law will be highly valued.
- Professional Experience:
- At least two years minimum prior experience in similar duties.
- High interpersonal and communicative skills, team working oriented to objectives, capacity of learning, flexibility, adaptability and working skills.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website and include the following:
1. A cover letter.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
Incorporation expected: September 2017.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.